- Quem é a Sysmex?
- Gestão da qualidade
- Notícias e eventos
- Filiais Sysmex
- Controlo de qualidade
- Centro de documentação e downloads
- Centro de Conhecimento
- Clínica e laboratório
Sysmex Group Companies
Select your local website
Plasma-SeqSensei™ Thyroid Cancer RUO Kit
Mutation frequencies: BRAF | NRAS
- Highly sensitive down to 0.07 % MAF
- Able to detect 7 MM with 95 % confidence across all mutations (absolute quantification)
- High flexibility of between 2 - 16 samples/run
- Fast TAT (2 days)
- Convenient software
The Plasma-SeqSensei™ (PSS) Thyroid Cancer RUO (research use only) Kit detects mutations in circulating tumour DNA (ctDNA) from plasma in patients with thyroid cancer.
The kit uses next generation sequencing and covers the BRAF and NRAS genes with hotspot mutations:. These gene mutations are associated with more rapid cancer growth and worse prognosis. [1-2]
Differentiated (papillary (PTC) and follicular TC (FTC)) make up more than 90% of thyroid malignancies (BRAF with >60% and NRAS with 6-57% frequency of known somatic mutations). 
For the configuration of the Plasma-SeqSensei™ Thyroid RUO kits, two key cancer genes were selected after comparison of mutation frequencies using the COSMIC (Catalogue of Somatic Mutation in Cancer) and cBioPortal for cancer genomics databases.
Mutation frequencies are listed in the table below:
|COSMIC ||cBioPortal |
Most frequent mutations detected by Plasma-SeqSensei™ Thyroid Cancer RUO panel:
|Gene ID||Most frequent mutations in thyroid cancer|
|BRAF||V600E, K601E, V600_K601delinsE|
|NRAS||Q61R, Q61K, Q61L|
Plasma-SeqSensei™ Thyroid RUO Kit is intended for research use only. Diagnostic use is not supported.
- Huang et al. Relevance and clinicopathologic relationship of BRAF V600E, TERT and NRAS mutations for papillary thyroid carcinoma patients in Northwest China. Diagnostic Pathology 14(74), 1-10, 2019.
- Perdana et al. Clinical Utility of BRAF, NRAS, and TERT Promoter Mutation in Preoperative Thyroid Fine-Needle Aspiration Biopsy: A Diagnostic Study From Dharmais Cancer Hospital. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 21(11), 3267-3277, 2020.
- Prete et al. Update on Fundamental Mechanisms of Thyroid Cancer. Frontiers in Endocrinology 11(102), 1-10, 2020.
Sysmex España S.L.
4B Planta 2
08960 – Sant Just Desvern
Sysmex Portugal, S.A.
Parque Empresarial – Fr.B.1.3
Estrada Ext. da Circunvalação, 10748
4460-280 Senhora da Hora, Matosinhos
Regulatory documents, such as Instructions for Use, can be accessed with a valid My Sysmex login:Go to My Sysmex